Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Radiation

Saw the radiation oncologist today - he was chatty and charming and thinks that I should have 23 sessions of radiation as 'just in case' insurance.

That would be fine but it would also take me to July 8th - 6 days after my vacation was due to start.

Three options then

1) We start after my vacation

This shouldn't be a problem, but will need clearing my the chemo' oncologist as some cancers respond best to radiation if radiation starts between 4 and 8 weeks after chemo. Lymphoma isn't on the list of those cancers, but we'd still need to check.

2) We squeeze the radiation

Into 21 doses, starting this Friday. Again possible but would need everything to run like clockwork - and very little does these days

3) I miss my vacation

I miss the vacation - losing the money that we've paid as a 'stupidity tax' for booking so close to the end of chemo.

I have to go in tomorrow - they need to make a foam mold of my body, to CT scan me in the mold and to markme up (tattoo me) for radiation.

They should also have a schedule for me tomorrow.

Fingers crossed

Steve

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This may be a stupid question, but have you asked if vacation people might allow you to move your vacation by that many days?

By the way, I am soooooOOoooo very glad to read you got the all clear. Hurrah!

i

Steve said...

it's not a stupid question... but alas way back when I booked this thing (1948 I believe) there were only two slots available,,, 8 days July 2nd to 10th or 5 days end of July...

Then it was booked right through the hurricane season, Christmas and the winter.

So no moving, boo-hoo, poor me, etc.

and thanks for the congrats'

btw 'i'???? who are you?

Anonymous said...

i = short for Irene Hoffman - the London-based, Buckinghamshire and Chiltern Univ. College MA Advertising student you helped over the phone on the New York vs. London Advertising debate.

We made a presentation at Mustoes (a small London agency) on Thursday and I met their Director of Planning, Dave Clements. Excellent guy, great intellect+ passion which reminded me of you. So, I asked if you two had perhaps worked together. He was surprised I would have made the connection, but confirmed you two had worked together at BBH. It's a small, small world.

Oh well, he asked how you were and said to say 'Hi'!

By the way, I haven't read through the Planning doc you kindly sent me (crazy busy), but really appreciate it and will read it soon!

Actually, would like to pick your brains on my disseration topic (still not decided). Can you email me the number? Last time I rang you at work. No probs if not. My email is mail@irenehoffman.com

Ta.

irene