Saturday, January 17, 2009

A stupid time to look for a job



So with the jobless numbers at their highest since 1945 and with businesses going under faster than a Biggest Loser cruise ship torpedoed by the fat fascists Jude and I decide that it's time for a move.

To a city where I don't speak the language,
And that wouldn't really take to me even if I did.

Of course Judith already has something there... which is good. It just doesn't pay us enough to keep us in the profligate style to which I've become accustomed, or even to keep us in style.

So I'm going to have to work.

Luckily there seems to be a lot of goodwill towards me out there. I'm really good at what I do. Given the right culture.
I'm happy to work on anything - there's no such thing as an ugly brand in my book.
And of course I'm cheaper than I should be.

So while the agencies aren't lining up to sign cheques; they are lining up to have a look, poke around under the hood and work out what might or might not work for them.

I have some ideas too. Less work, more play, better input. But we'll see.

There are worse things in the world than living in a very cool city and having time on your hands.
Looking forward to it