Monday, January 19, 2009

Brrrrrr

So the cold of yesterday's shoot took its toll on the number of models that showed up.
It was supposed to be four... then two... then one (and her mom)

Mom carried hairspray and blankets.
Model was sweet and professional.
My pics still have to be 'developed' from RAW (or ARW as Sony call it)




The best are still to come... but I am in love with this lens (a shame as I can't afford it) even though it was perhaps too good (look closely and you'll see that our model has pets)


Today is Martin Luther King day - so we have a break. Jude of course isn't here. We're bad with American holidays. And always seem to have something booked when one occurs. She's off in Whistler for ten days, skiing with 'another man' as I'm sure previous generations would have put it. Very garden fency that statement.

I blame the death of the garden fence conversation for our obsession with celebrity. It used to be that we could tut-tut about our neighbors - the woman that worked, the elderly spinster and her 'sister' in the post office, that Marjory with ideas above her station. But as time to gossip, higher fences and bigger gardens brought seclusion we moved our aim -- to Angelina and jennifer, to J-Lo, to Madge and to all of those women doing the things that we lambasted our neighbors for.

Anyway I'm home alone... and this morning I woke up with a zebra.



Better than a moose I guess