Sunday, January 14, 2007

Vacation


Small Turtle, West Coast Barbados
Originally uploaded by TarikB.
Well I have a trip to Toronto booked for the 26th... Jude and I really want to see the city and I finally got an excuse to go there; but of course it's not Toronto that's really on my mind at the moment.

We're also looking to book something in May - a kind of post PhD getaway that will have us fit, strong and ready to deal with the freedom offered to us once the tyranny of timetables is lifted.

Jude's mom is coming along and we're trying to get an answer out of her brother - for whom commitment to anything beyond saying yes to more food is near impossible.

Right now I'm looking at places in Barbados. A Villa for 5 people would come in at around US$90 per person, per night. There's enough to do beyond the beach and you're not likely to get mistaken for a cruise ship passenger and stabbed in the face.

Of course there are quieter places - Mustique for example - but it will be nice to have some activities to consider and some life beyond the beach.

Anyway need to speak to the Mrs and Misses Hompe and then to book asap - these things fill up fast and direct flights (4hrs 30mins) are thin on the ground.

I, btw, have scans on Thursday of this week. More details when I know them

No comments: