Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Desperation


Desperation
Originally uploaded by Cigaro.
I'm beginning to think that maybe desperation has a scent. During my 4 years and 2 days in my last job I was clawing the walls in search of an escape and the need for exit oozed from every pore.

Since I left - and since I've consequently relaxed - I have job offers flying at me from all directions. Interesting stuff. Senior stuff. Proper, in charge, work. It's a fantastic feeling and comes from my being more interested in the opportunity than in fleeing a situation.

Of course tomorrow is a powerless day - as I have a CT scan (corridor, barium, long waits, iodine, tingly feelings, yellow exit forms and no alcohol) but I've managed to sandwich it between the gym at 8am and a meeting with an old acquaintance whose company I always enjoy - so at least the day won't be totally wasted

2 comments:

Burrellcreekkid said...

It's like when you're after a root, you can never get one and when you're not looking there's a thousand lining up at the door. I hope everything goes okay. We love you.

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you today. Hang in there.

i