Monday, July 31, 2006

weirdly wonderful weekend


gig_birds
Originally uploaded by stevenjude.
so the weekend saw us eating Russian food at Brighton beach, playing 'track and field' in a cool bar, BBQing with the Bosnians and generally having a good time.

Velcro has had a good time too - having learned to escape her area without leaving any trace or clue as to how she does it. Needless to say I woke up this morning to a trail of things stolen from various off limits to the dog goodies - from rubber ducks, via slippers to a wash-cloth. She's cute though.

Flying Virgin was a good experience though the flight back didn't have 'on demand' for movies etc. and I have to say I was disproportionately pissed off. I won't be flying into Newark again.

Best bit of the trip - the blacked out windows on the shiny new Merc that they sent to collect me from the airport. As we glided through Chinatown (a bad wrong turn) at 1am all heads turned to see who was in the back of the thing and I got a wee sniff of fame's aphrodiziac scent.

Back to the NYC office and the hum-drum today. Still it's the little adventures (and the airmiles) that keep me going.

No comments: