Wednesday, August 02, 2006

It's Jude's B-Day


bd_jude2
Originally uploaded by stevenjude.
It's also rather hot.

Been hot under the collar too. Visit to oncologist went well though he stipulated a need for me to stay close to NYC for the nexy three months - so that I can be ready for additional scans, bloodwork and the like.

All routine stuff for somebody who has taken part in a drug trial but rather scuppering any plans I had to move to Europe in the near future. That said I will be in London for a week starting Friday (hurrah!) and in a rather swank Knightsbridge apartment (huzzah!)

After which it's back to the open arms of Uncle Sam where I can get on with a normal life under the watchful eye of a rather protective physician.

Planning on a trip up to Redcar for a day - which really ought to be interesting given that I'm travelling on short notice and owe so many people a visit. Should be fun though.

Lots of other stuff going on too - but the truth is that whilst the 'all clear' from the doctor wasn't a surprise the 'hang on a second matey, you're ours until Xmas' was - so everything rather up in the air.

That said there are opportunities on beer, diamonds and a host of other meaty, knotty problems into which I can sink my oh so fragile teeth.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Morning and greetings from Edinburgh.Thinking about Jude and her birthday and as usual I missed it !The thought was there anyway, honest.Steve the picture with you and hair is pretty impressive although having no hair in +40 degree NYC heat must be desirable ?
Been watching the news it must be mental out there.
Start of Edinburgh Festivaling this weekend of course we expect to do a lot of star sightings whilst drinking beers