Saturday, April 22, 2006

Still knackered

For some strange reason I continue to be knackered this week. Perhaps I did too much on Monday and Tuesday. Went into work yesterday but had to leave early and by 3pm was asleep on the sofa despite the best efforts of Penn and Teller to entertain me.

My High Potentials Graduation Gift (HP_GG) arrived. It's a badly made perspex box that contains some heavy, but useless miniature versions of our Creative Council Score Cards (CCSC). I'm not entire sure what I'm supposed to do with a faux slate mini card engraved with the legend '01 Wasteful' but I guess that's now my problem rather than theirs.

Was invited to a Yankees game yesterday - but alas couldn't make it. Jude was still in Washington talking to politicians about the US's role in the lighting industry and I was asleep on the sofa. A metaphor for our lives at the moment? You betcha.

Finally Madonna tickets sold out again, so we won't be seeing her Madge-esty this year. Shame. I was online at 9.00am, but there had been an 'exclusive' pre-sale so by the time I got to the bookings page all had already gone. Will treat myself to a photo printer by way of recompense.

And that's it for now. Coughing the cough of the knackered, far from my best, further from my worst.

2 comments:

quokkaboy said...

Why the fuck are they cluttering your world with useless trinkets when they should be giving you what would really make you feel valued - a doubling of your salary and the role of "WorldWide Head of Strategic Trouble Making"?

Steve said...

Weird thing is if they doubled my salary I'd still not be the highest paid of the [planning directors'