Friday, October 10, 2008

My Day



There have been those recently who've said to me "Hey, it's all well and good you talking about politics in a naiive and slightly stupid fashion but what about the details of your 'life after certain death'"

So for those people and those people alone here are the last 24 hrs or so of my life.

Drove home from work at a steady 75mph, avoiding the speed traps and feeling a little blinded by the unseasonable Michigan sun. The weather is gorgeous at the moment and the Mustang seems to be responding. I've replaced 70s driving tunes with acoustic strumming and yesterday found the windows down and the lyrics to 'Wicked Way' drifting out on to the balmy Michigan night.

Get in and Jude needs a ride to the airport. Take her. About 1hr 20 mins round trip and more acoustic strumming. Get in go shopping for more underwear (hence the pic) then talk to some people on Facebook while trying to come up with some lines for a gay celebrity spotlight website ("All the news that's fit to spit" my favorite)

Around midnight I watch Tabatha's Salon Takeover. Then head to bed.

4.5 hrs later the alarm goes off and I head for the gym. Work out. Get home. Shower and head to work for a 7.45 am meeting. follow that with a 10.00am and then to lunch at a Mexican place in the middle of a strip mall full of strip clubs. Eat warm vegetables as everyone else tucks into sizzling meat dishes that look vastly superior. Back to the ofice - big presentation in a darkened room to magazine people. I'm quite good, if a spotlight whore.

Decided I've had enough of work and head home. More computer stuff then take the dog for a two hour walk, call the local massage place (6.30 appointment) and try to find someone to come to Daniel Tosh (comedian) tonight. Everyone is busy so I decide to go it alone - and sell the other ticket.

Head for massage. Head for Tosh. Catch up with busy people who have been getting drunk in front of baseball. Cocktail or two. Home. Then to bed. Brunch with a new friend tomorrow then off to Dallas to present at a toy fair. All fun and games. Still my new "Obvious secrets" line of T-Shirts is coming along nicely. Today is "I shower naked"...