Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Feeling good


P1040857.JPG
Originally uploaded by stevenjude
I like the people at my new gym. They talk to you. They tell you things. They ask you things. And they play great music while they're doing it. Workout two has me buzzing with endorphins and possibilities. I'm picking bodies out of magazines the way that people pick hairstyles from books - and while a whole new me is going to take longer to sculpt than a razor finished bob it's going to last longer.

Having finished my session today I was given some fresh chicken-feta burgers, an invitation to an evening dinner, a promise that I get 10% off everything in the Sparrow market and was asked if I was around for lunch "It gets a little quiet in here in the afternoons, so we tend to fire up the grill and cook up some stuff for people in the neighborhood."

As I said, I like them. A lot.

Compounding the good feeling is the return from pasport purgatory of my lovely wife. She's looking good, she's not in pain and it's good to have her company again. Fun.

Wow - endorphins are good. I've even promised to do cardio on the days that I'm not doing weights. "Shape" here I come.

No comments: