Thursday, June 12, 2008

Big Meeting today


Minty Meeting
Originally uploaded by Niffty
So today we have a "big meeting"... that means lots of people crammed into a small room concentrating hard on the face of one man in a bid to gauge his reactions before pressing a point hard.

Personally I'd be torn about being the "Big Guy" in the "Big Meeting". The spotlight would be good. Nothing wrong with having people write down your reactions... but the need for trust might be too much for me. You have to trust that the people that you're talking to actually know what they're doing, that the facts that they're showing you are the relevant facts and that they've genuinely done all of the things that they claim to have done. You have no time to dive into the data. You have no time to get a feel for things - it's all about "do I trust these people" and "does this make sense to me"?

And I'm just not sure I could do that. Instead I'd become the tricky, tough question, get 'em to admit to something that they don't know guy. Which would put people on edge. And mean that I get even less information.

No comments: