Monday, July 17, 2006

How bored were we?


jwt_coffeetable
Originally uploaded by stevenjude.
My first Monday at work in an aeon and by 4pm I was so desperate for something to do that I engaged with Pilar (the office mate formally known at Mari) in a spot of coffee-table making.

Amazing what you can do with a couple of cast off mannequins, a copy of the excellent but sadly not available in a store near you 'Hold My Skateboard while I kiss your girlfriend' (whilst, surely?) and too much time

Especially when you're bored. And I was bored. My data was showing that people liked to shop at stores located conveniently for them and appreciated fair pricing. More data was being purchased to prove that this was true regardless of how much money you threw at it.

I'm much more interested in the 'dog blanket' theory of shopping. That great prices are just that, great, until they start to attract people looking only to buy Cider and Dog Food - and buy them with the quarters that they've collected during the day. As my friend Kim always said - it's a fine line between thrifty and pikey.

Still I like the pic. MInd if Tuesday is as slow as today turned out to be I may be posting an installation piece made with these dummy's discarded legs.

No comments: