Tuesday, January 05, 2010

More industrious than a 6 year old Chinese factory worker promised adoption upon completion of her 50,000th shoe

I've been working hard today. First and foremost I think that I've found an office space - one that I can share with others in small, creative businesses, yet still grow into.



It's cute, it feels right, the people are around the 'right' age, there are conference rooms, a meeting space and lockers and it's not hideously expensive. Plus it's in a pretty cool part of town. Just waiting on some sort of condo / co-op committee approval now.

I also started to pen an idea that I think might actually do some good in the world. I know a lot of people who specialize in trend forecasting - and they tend to be good at identifying how people are feeling and what kind of emotion they'd be searching for as a result. Then I know a lot of people who can take a product and link it to an emotion via ads, packaging, design and editorial. Where there's a gap is in the middle --- someone who can take the trends, turn them into products and brief the comms people on what the product does. That someone could be us. I hope. Vague I know - but there you go.

I also did lots of house things today - polishes, cleaners, tidying, bills, buying food, thinking recipes... it doesn't take too long and I actually find that I enjoy it. Which is very odd. Still may be short lived as I have a trip to Toronto next week that I'm hoping will result in some work and a couple of projects further afield on a low simmer.

Fingers crossed on the space...

No comments: