Thursday, January 17, 2008

Off to New York City


computer.JPG
Originally uploaded by stevenjude
We're off to New York City

See some friends
Buy some clothes
Visit some old haunts
Get scanned for possible cancer

You know the score.

trouble with scans every 12 weeks is that you get scanned, wait two weeks for results and then relax for a bit - knowing that all is fine. Until BAM it's week 10 and you need to start the whole insurance clearance thing again. Every cough becomes evidence of a tumor. Every twinge a sign of internal organs being forced aside by something malignant.

Doesn't help that both Jude and I are having really vivid dreams about my being positive this time and needing to go back into treatment. And I don't really have vivid dreams. It's pathetic how deep my subconscious is buried. Really sad.

Still I'm here. We have New York, Las Vegas, Miami, Montreal, Mexico City and Buenos Aires on the trip calendar. Jobs we like. A place we love. And an expectation of a summer that will be outdoorsy, glamor filled and unlike anything we've ever done before.

Cool times ahead ---> and I really didn't think I'd be here in 2008 to say that

2 comments:

Anne-Marie Weeden said...

I have my scan fingers crossed for you.

BUt the real challenge here is to get through the trip without using your scan anxiety and decent retailer proximity to jusitify a major credit card bill.

Good luck with both
x

Anonymous said...

Racked up about $4k on the credit cards. Just paid them off this morning. Scary when you see it all added up and laid out that way