Sunday, September 09, 2007

It's scan time again


Brendan Monroe
Originally uploaded by vegasmike433
Yup today is the day that I get scanned for the re-emergence of cancer. Results aren't until the 25th - unless of course things are very bad in which case you get the 'could you come in?' call.

This time I feel as though I have more invested in the results. A return of disease would be a major inconvenience. For the first time since I was sick I have life plans. Things I want to do. Places I want to be. Tasks I want to take on. And all dependent on having an 'all clear'

Of course the pessimist in me says that this will be the time that they see something on the scans. Once you get invested in a positive result the universe delivers the kick to the gut that it thinks that you need.

Follow that line of argument however and you live life purely in the moment - which may be bliss but is also a recipe for coasting. John Lennon was right when he said "Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans" (and look what happened to him) but without time out to make those plans we're really not living.

So it's fingers crossed tighter than usual for this one.

Pppppfffffffffff

1 comment:

Dr Jude said...

thinking of ya babe