Sunday, March 04, 2007

HDMI rocks


Please suggest a title
Originally uploaded by se.nsuo.us.
So having been seduced into buying too big a TV I decided to invest in HDMI connectors. Now HDMI has been the subject of much 'rip off police' debate of late as the big stored try to sell on $80 connectors with people's new purchases. Of course they're not $80 connectors and can be had online for $15.

I paid $20 for mine today and used it to connect Hi-Def Cable Box to Hi-Def TV entirely via digital signal. And the picture ROCKS. I knew that the HDMI from DVD to TV was good (I'm using a DVD with an upconvertor) but the cable connection is amazing. Add in digital surround sound via last year's gift to self Home Theatre system (connected by Digital Audio Cable) and you get something amazing.

I don't wanna leave the house.

All of which is techie snooze speak for 'Wow'.

Which is what this pic made me say when I saw it. The photog was looking for an appropriate title (having tried 'float' and 'star') and I thought that I'd throw it open to you guys. I'll pass on your best suggestions (and your worst) and let's see whether we can't extend our sphere of influence.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Assume the Position
Human Rorschach
Fuck Yoga
Slighly Better Than Steve Walls Naked