Thursday, August 31, 2006

Life in the cheap seats


Feeling very odd today. The slightest touch of either my stomach or my back gives me a pins and needles meets sunburn feeling that really is most off-putting. Even the light brush of my shirt against my body is enough to set me on edge. And I have to say that I don’t like it.

Wondering whether this new symptom is related to the fact that I have a CT scan tomorrow – the mind playing tricks that the body falls for. Whether it’s a random thing, a drug response or the first symptom of the onset of something ravishing, rapid and deadly.

My weight is up and down like Liberace’s spring loaded cock (a sign of water retention) and my temper is shorter than a Spaniard’s ‘to do’ list.

Should be seeing my doctor on September 7th (my birthday) but there’s real pressure from work to be in London 6th. 7th and 8th. I’d refuse to go – citing my health coming first but that might jeopardize my job and with it my health insurance; jeopardizing my health to an even greater degree.

My Clash Problem (should I stay or should I go) continues. Where I am offers security but no money and a lack of respect that Rodney Dangerfield would have found astounding. The two other possibilities? One has the healthcare I need but visas I don’t want, the other a Visa I want but healthcare my doctor won’t take. Catch 22. Squared. Bugger. Having one foot in the grave really does limit one’s options.

Anyway Agassi on in just over an hour and not a pan on the stove or a bottle uncorked. I’m offski.

No comments: