Tuesday, August 22, 2006

I like lodges

There's a restaurant near my house called Lodge. It has acrylic antlers and waif thin waitresses with under arm tattoo-ing. Nextdoor is the Lodge general store - which bakes its own bread and sells things that are bad for you with labels that make them seem good for you (ORGANIC chocolate spread) and then there's Lodge212 - good people who do good work and seem to have fun doing it. I like them best of all. And so I've decided that Lodges are the future (oh dear I'm coming over all Faith Popcorn) - that the laid back, wood panelled, hint of manly musk in the air life is for me. Now where is that 'lumberjack' shirt?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lodges rule. You are invited to open your own outpost - Lodge 718, Lodge 4420 or Lodge 26461 (Namibia?) anytime. We are looking to develop a large and unwieldy network of offices, not to service our clients, but to meet our specific travel and recreation plans. What is the best time of year in Namibia?

Ha-G