Saturday, August 26, 2006

Happy viewing

Yesterday a very nice man came from Time Warner to fix up a HD cable box to our lovely Sharp Aquos TV. He was on time, polite, competent and patient. The new TV is now producing pictures better than we've ecer had and we're paying less for more channels, many of which are in stunning (and stunningly wide) HD.

I bought the TV while Jude was away - it's multisystem; so it will go wherever we do and work with whatever bits of kit we buy and it's rather nice. Jude was disappointed with the size at first (she's wanted 6 more inches?!?!?) but I'd done my geometry and knew that 26" was the perfect size for the 'living room' we've carved out of our loft space.

Not much else happening. The rain is falling and the temperatures dropping (last night dropped to 18C - brrr), my scans are due next Friday, my cough has abated, my underwear is ass-blood free and all is well with the world. Time I think for archery class.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

When you said you were shipping stiff down to your 'cage' I thought, well, I thought GOLF CLUBS!!?? But when I'd stopped thinking that, I thought - why don't you just give it all away? You're never going to use any of it ever again, it just stops you enjoying or even finding the stuff you do use. Some people don't even have a tele, and I'll bet that Steve will just buy a new bigger one if he ever does move to a bigger apartment.... and you didn't even have to move...

Steve said...

Have given so much stuff away over the years. Truth is that I'm burned by craigslist; have had enough of people coming over, sniffing at my stuff and then rejecting it as 'tat'

Never been one for 'storage' but we've got a lot of books doen there, some golf clubs and a couple of useful bits and pieces.

The telly I can see being a silly 'save' - but show me someone who wants a TV and doesn't have one... really