Friday, June 16, 2006

Half way through radiation

Today marks the half way stage in radiation and so far so good. I have a bit of a cough, sore ankles and the arches of my feet are murder in the mornings but other than that I'm pretty good.

Treatment is much more jovial than chemotherapy - lots of laughter, lots of chat with the nurses. I guess seeing people daily helps, as does not having to hand them a bucket to throw up in whilst you try not to burst their veins as you inject poison.

Chemo did make me realize just how easy, how varied and how effective torture could be. There are a thousand ways to inflict pain on somebody and their bodies have a response distinct from their brains. I for one was determined not tp throw up during the 'orange gloop' stage. I prepared, I ate nothing. I breathed deep. I thought verdant forests of unusual fecundity. Then I saw orange and threw up. Imagine if it had been electrodes on the bollocks.

Anyway radiation is far from torture. Though the heat might be torture this weekend - the last weekend of spring has temps at 32C and us at a polo match. If the heat don't get ya the horsiness will.

Aircon still placed in the living room window (too close to the fire escape but what the hell, there's no-one above us and it doesn't block our exit) and it's working, Last year we obeyed the law, put the aircon in the bedroom window and sweltered, never again!

And on that emphatic punctuation I shall leave you. Bon Weekend.

No comments: