Saturday, June 17, 2006

The baby Jesus


jesus
Originally uploaded by stevenjude.
Somebody this week refused to believe that upon having been diagnosed with cancer I hadn't immediately fallen to my knees and offered up prayer.

Their argument was that, in times of trouble, EVERYBODY turns to prayer. But I can honestly say that I didn't. It really didn't occur to me. Now I know that some people have offered up prayers, lit candles and generally taken the time out to think about me and to those people I am grateful.

But the idea that I'd suddenly use prayer as a get out of jail card strikes me as more than a little strange.

And this person's insisting that I MUST have turned to prayer; that I was lying got further up my nose than the cat dander floating around our place.

Still it gave me a chance to use this pic - the Jesus in question beinng affixed to the rooftop of a house in a local Italian neighborhood.

No comments: