Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Oooh, 'ello


So after the PRK (eye surgery not a stint in North Korea) - I finally have the protective lenses out and am seeing well enough to type, to read documents and to generally make my every thought know to every person willing to listen. It's weird being kinda able to see (like the Karma Chameleon and to certain extent a few of my younger friends) my vision comes and goes. It should slowly firm up (older friend gag goes here) before stabilizing in a couple of months. A long way for a ham sandwich you might say - but only if you're the kind of guy who plays chess in the park and won't pay for coffee that doesn't give you change from a single.

Tomorrow I get on a plane and head toward New York (concrete jungle, off pitch chorus, club anthem) where I shall tout my wares one last time before giving up and concentrating on the real work and the real money here in Canadia (if not Quebecistan)... New York seemed like a good idea as I know people there, can get the cost of the flight covered and of course it has lots and lots of camera shops (well they're stores but you get the picture - oh I'm good, did you see what I did there?)


Hoping to be back before the weekend is out as Jude has a friend staying, who I dreamed about only last week. In the dream we'd all been charged with tagging as many rats as we could with silly string that we were shooting from cans when suddenly she appeared from the canal carrying a large crocodile and beaming as only Steve Irwin, a Used Car Salesman about to unload a Pontiac and a criminal (spot the difference between those three) can.

No comments: