Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Finally getting down to some work

I write the blog from me new office (hurrah) where I'm sheltering from the cold, the snow and the generally Januariness and working on a couple of proposals that I need to get out into the world.


Last night's floatation bath did me the world of good (although the salt has played havoc with my skin and I'm not sure that it was a great idea for Jude) as did the massage afterward.

Today has been a little less relaxed though I was befriended by a middle aged Russian lady who insisted on cutting up some fresh ginger and dropping it into my tea as I "looked cold on the inside" - to warm herself up she poured generous amounts of French Vodka into her black tea as she told me the story of how she got to Montreal, the dark bear of a husband she left behind in Russia and her poly-lingual daughter. It's nice to be back in a city.

No comments: