Sunday, January 31, 2010

Brrrrr

So with the temperatures settled in the -20c range and a wind chill that makes it feel colder still I am boxed in, looking through hazy eyes at my computer and wishing that it was warm enough to take my lovely new camera outside for an hour or two. Alas the forecasters tell me that there's no hope of having electronics friendly temperatures in the next oh who knows how long and so instead I keep forcing Jude in front of the lens in a bid to figure out which button does what and why,

Most useful so far is intelligent preview. You click the button, it takes the image and shows you what it looks like - then allows you to play with the exposure and depth of field until the image looks the way that you want it to - adjusting the settings for the next shot as you go. Smart.

having no built in flash when every wireless Sony / Minolta flash is triggered that way is a bit stupid though. Sony's $600 fix looks no better than Hong Kong's $30 fix - so I'll take the $30 version I think - and see what happens as a result.

That's about it for tonight - hopefully will have more (exciting) things to talk about from tomorrow on -as I'm back in the office and on the look out for interesting projects...

No comments: