Monday, June 08, 2009

Shoot time


Yesterday I finally laid down some money to get time in a professional photo studio.

It was a class of 4 people, led by a man whose photos I liked and it was a lot of fun.

First thing I realized was that I needed to buy Photoshop... taking pics without it is a lot like trying to do the egg and spoon race with a teaspoon and a watermelon painted to look like an egg - possible, but boy are you making it hard on your wrists

Anyway I had enough fun to make me want to keep going, saw again that if it's something that you want to make a living from you have to turn into a grasping, every cent I can get miserablist and realized that I'm one of the rare few not just in it for the 'young ladies'.

Biggest frustration for me was not being able to give the model's a narrative during the 5 mins I got each time. I'd rather guide how they were thinking and let that change how they were posing than the other way around... doesn't happen often by all accounts.

Still here's an early image and as ever, you can facebook, twitter, AIM or mobile message me with what you think