Thursday, June 11, 2009

Back on the whine... with prettier pics



So yesterday I called out insurance company to ask about the 30 Day extension into Canada that they'd promised me - covering the car until it gets Canadian registration and is able to be covered by a Canadian company.

"I'm not sure who told you that" they said
"You did" I replied, truthfully
"Nope, sorry. You'd better start calling"


So I call the Canadian Insurance agency
Who put me through to Canadian Insurance bureau
Who closed at 4.30


I call a local agent
Who gives me the number of a broker who "Does this all of the time, and can help by phone in minutes"

I call the broker who says "This is most unusual" spends an hour calling around and then calls back and says "Bad news"

"But people leave the US for Canada all the time" I say
"Well they don't seem to be insured when they do it" he says

So we call a friend. She's moving up this week. Her Insurance company is here and in Canada. They've been great.
I call them "No problem" they say "But we're about to close, go online and fill in the details"


I go online and fill in the details.
On the last page it crashes.


I go back through everything - this time I get beyond payment. Hurrah.
And then it crashes
And tells me that the quote has expired

I go to my bank statement and the money has been taken.
I call the number

"No money has been taken and there is no policy" they say
"But I'm looking at a statement that says it has"
"Let me get you customer service" they say

Customer service takes 45 mins to find me in the system.
Then gives me a pre-policy number... it take 72 hrs to get an actual number

"You crashed the system by trying to set up recurring payment before you have a policy number" she chastizes
"But the system asked me for details for recurring payment" I half scream, half-sigh
"Well that's a weird thing in the system" she says

12 hrs later I still don't know whether I'm insured
IN 45 mins I'm off to see someone in person

I'm sure that it will be a saga
And that having gone online will have been the worst thing that I could have done

Grrrr and Nrrrr