Monday, May 04, 2009

Writing, writing


Sweetwater's
Originally uploaded by plumb-larrick
I'm spending the day working in various coffee shops.

Right now Sweetwater , which is right next to the gym and in the market where I want to buy my lunch (Korean, yum)

I'm surrounded by young people who seem to mistake speed of speech for depth of meaning and volume for persuasive argument.

It's frightening how self absorbed these kids are. They say things like

"We only just, like, you know, met and everything and like, I never, you know, like took a class where you are, but I know, I feel, basically that we're like totally the same, because I know me and you like me are never gonna like enjoy that class.. because I can sense that you're like a math person, maybe, you know, for sure, erm, it means, that you know, certain classes, you know, I guess, for me, honestly."

It's very Ms. Teen America...
And like totally scary, you know

No comments: