Tuesday, January 06, 2009

All aboard the start-up


siggi's
Originally uploaded by khoalaMA
2009 certainly is looking kinda scrappy and adventurous for the people that I know at the moment.

I have one friend finishing a book about magician's assistants
Another (less close friend) launching his own yogurt brand
Another has launched a gift exchange / gallery in London
A fourth is looking at a knowledge exchange idea
A smart cookie is looking at the Opportunity Identification market
Another has become a political commentator

Almost all come from advertising and are keeping the money rolling in via that channel. But they all have a better idea. And I like that.

I'm working on a couple of book thoughts that this year will actually get written - mainly because I too am looking to cut my 'working for the man' week by a fair bit. Not sure that they'll get published, but there you go.

I tell you - it's gonna be a year of scary messiness, tangled webs and (hopefully) beautiful model mutations.

No comments: