Monday, August 18, 2008

Self knowledge


P1070428.JPG
Originally uploaded by stevenjude
I've learned a lot about the way that I work over the last couple of years. Translating that knowlege into something that can work for me is still an issue.

I know for example that I am terrible at organizing things - but that I'm a dreadful micro-manager when it comes to other people organizing for me.

I also know that I cope badly when working with people who aren't 'buttoned up' ---> perceiving them as weak minded and spineless.

I know too that I tip into openly aggressive once my respect for somebody goes.

I know that given a camera I can forget everything - and end up experiencing events only through a viewfinder.

And I know that while I enjoy the viciousness of wit I can also be too eager to please at times.

This doesn't make me a monster. I get on with 99% of the people that I work with. Clients like my honesty. Colleagues like my energy. But that last 1% - well they think that I'm impossible. Still I reckon that's less than half a dozen people from the more than 600 I've worked with directly --- is that a bad strike rate?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you're doing just fine.