Friday, February 22, 2008

Musing



It's very weird to have the pressure off a little today. Oh there's lots to do and there's very little time to do it but the pressure of uncertainty has been lifted. I have a couple of ideas that I love on the project that I'm doing, a few graphic treatments that are just sensational and I'm getting ready for research. It's all rather lovely.

Why the car above? Well all of this free time has me thinking about a road trip. I've wanted to jam a couple of friends into one of those station wagons that you used to see on National Lampoon's Vacation movies for the longest time. Just to plug in the i-pod, crank up the volume and take off coast to coast before the cost of gas ($3.19 this morning) becomes prohibitive and America turns into the UK, blasting anyone who drives, flies or farts as an environmental terrorist with the moral standing of Idi Amin.

I quite fancy a photographic tour. Load up the friends, the cameras and as many batteries as possible and just take off, looking for the road less driven, the big vegetable signs most often spotted and people with faces beaten by the sun and hopes crushed by the falling price of corn.

So if you're up for it (wrote he spitting coffee down his cream pants) drop me a line. The car's gorgeous, it has a fridge, a DVD player, reclining leather seats in the back and seats for four more. Anyone?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi I'm new(ish) to the blog but haven't commented.If we hadn't already planned to do our own "adventure" around the Scottish islands I'd be up for that.

Miss Chris said...

YES! Crushed faces with those ever so telling lines. You know, photojournalism/exploitation at its best. Like Romanian orphans but better lighting. Also between newly acquired husband and I, we got enough batteries and cables and chargers to fill up the wagon. Find us cheap deals to your town for easter (4 day weekend!! Yay Europa) and we'll be there.

Anonymous said...

oooh a new(ish) but anon. person. How intriguing. And the blog has been so boring of late --- not nearly as juiced as it was by the spectre of death. Still thanks for hanging out.

Miss Chris... Easter might be a little early for the road trip but I can always dream up something to do with NAHusband and you....

Anonymous said...

No, the blog is far from boring at the mo. I can tell you I live in England,(in the sticks) am female and an artist. Must get round to starting my own blog except I don't think anyone will read it. Best Wishes A.

Anonymous said...

this gets better and better

Anonymous said...

I'll read your blog Ms. Anonymous.

Here here to road trips!

Anonymous said...

I'm working on it as we speak. But don't get too excited, I live in a village not too far from where the Archers is based. Mind you, these country folk...