Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Itchy Feet


Konol Footcare Powder 70g
Originally uploaded by konol
It's been a couple of days since I last wrote anything here. I blame The Spice Girls (we saw them in a BIG old Detroit venue), a trip to New York to see family and catch up on blood work and a case of 'do or die' at work.

Maybe 'die' isn't such a bad option. It seems that everyone I know is blowing it all up and doing something more interesting instead. Maybe it's winter. Maybe it's a quarter life crisis thing but it seems that everyone I know is packing in their jobs and heading off for Asia or Africa or South America. Three this weekend.

And it's giving me a severe case of itchy feet. Sure I love this job (for now, work is a love - hate - love - quit cycle that lasts about 4 years usually) but it's -15c outside and my idea of adventure is going out in socks that aren't thermal. Time for a change? Well no, not yet. Time for the idea of change at some point in the near future? Absolutely.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

quarter-life crisis?
how young are these people who are already so bored with their lives?

Anonymous said...

quarter life crisis is a biggie right now. People leaving college (uni) and starting jobs then 5 years in thinking 'wait a minute, this isn't what I thought I'd be doing' and fleeing before the weight of responsibility sinks them into the mire of familiarity. How old are they? Late 20s. And hey, Jude did exactly the same thing. Me? Well I'll just bang a ferrari when I turn 40 (or something)

Anne-Marie Weeden said...

I'm 34 and a half. But I'm deleting 2007 because it was a shit year so that technically makes me 33 again.

Does this mean I'm having a third-life crisis?

Or that it remains a quarter life crisis but the bad news is I will be living to the ripe old age of 132?

And if you have a second-life crisis, does that make it only visible in the virtual world?
x

Anonymous said...

I intend to wipe out all odd years and then all of the years prior to the year 2001. I'm looking forward to this.

AM you're officially in post traumatic premonitionary crisis. In that you subconsciously knew what was coming, decided to make a change, ran a little too slowly, replanned and now you're finally escaping to do what was right in the first place.

Me - I'm just trying to get some ads out

Miss Chris said...

"Mire of familiarity" - that is exactly the problem to be avoided. Could not have said it better myself. Not that fleeing to a different country changes the "wait a minute, this isn't what I thought I'd be doing" part, but at least it distracts. Key must then be to keep distracting the self....with trips and porsches...perfect

Anonymous said...

Amen sistah! We be taking our sparkles elsewhere.

Anonymous said...

we too... just not for 18 months. But we're a planning, we're a-planning