Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Delayed


Dazed in Denver
Originally uploaded by sevennine
So I arrive with my colleagues at La Guardia for out 8pm flight only to find the self check in machine insisting that my name is Murial. They all check in and it turns out that my flight is actually from Newark. Same time, same booking reference, different airport. Hmmmm.

Standby for the 7pm comes and goes. I smile, I flirt, I lisp, I mince, I pose, I simper and I generally act 'nice' and I get a boarding card for the 8pm. Which is delayed. Currently we're looking at 11.30pm but that plane hasn't arrived (ours has tech problems) and people are starting to go from tetchy to tired. Always a dangerous time - but a good one at which to take out the camera and see 'what's what'

Anyway somebody else's computer here so will sign off; fingers crossed we get out tonight

No comments: