Sunday, October 22, 2006

Vroom


Suzuki SX4 WRC
Originally uploaded by friedmad.
Judith back from the second of her interviews and very enthused about the idea of cleaner air, new challenges and a living somewhere that means we need a car, gardening tools and more furniture.

I, of course, hear only the word 'car' in that battery of must haves and even though any potential move is a year away I've picked it out. The Suzuki SX4 JX AWD is about the size of a VW Golf, has all wheel drive (she's only looking at places where it snows) and 143bhp. I'm lovin' it.

All a long way off but the ideas of pastures new and my working remotely where and when I can really does appeal. I have this very real urge to be more physical at the moment. I've signed up for one on one pilates, my bike has come out of storage, I loved the immediate physicality of archery, the dog is going thrice around the park and I want to do more. A move will help with that.

As for not being in an office everyday - that's exactly how I'm working now; with teams spread from Argentina through Australia to Sydney and South Africa and clients in London and Amsterdam. And whilst sometimes the 'there by phone' thing is a frustration the amount of focussed time and pure thinking I can give people has at least doubled.

So a year away at least - but I have to say that I'm pretty excited.

No comments: