Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Ba Da Ba da - Baaaa-da-da-daaah

So the countdown to treatment begins. I'm racing to get everything ready to go for a January 13th chemo start date.

That means getting my slides back from pathology, getting insurance clearance for PET and CT scans and considering (again) sperm banking - though at $650 per shot and $500 a year 'storage' I'm thinking of making 'popsicles' of my own, perhaps in the shape of Xmas trees.

It's looking like I'll be doing six rounds R-CHOP with Velcade - one Friday every three weeks; tests in between and possible radiotherapy at the back end. All done in time for summer holidays.

Though the thought of me on a beach bald, moon faced from the prednisone and suffering 'roid rage may not be great.

Anyway lots and lots to sort out... I'll go do it. Good to be back at work though.

No comments: