Sunday, March 21, 2010

A weekend at home

I finally managed to get a weekend at home, which was rather nice actually. That's not to say that it was a work free weekend, but it was one that felt a little more relaxed and a little less interrupted by work than usual. Was a little sad when my model for tonight cancelled (after the venue fell through at the last moment) but we'll reschedule and all will be good. Thinking of taking him very glossy and very much in the Tom Ford style (as shown in the mood-board here)

Next week I should manage 6 days in Montreal - which would be a bit of a record. And 6 days working on PropellerFish business rather than on making money for other people and taking a fraction of it as payment. Someone told me that the man who designed the Nike Swoosh logo was paid $18,000 - and that it probably felt like money for old rope at the time... but how painful must every pair of shoes look now. Rather a cent for every time it's used I think.

Was in Toronto with business partner and rather slick business person Alex last week... despite giving people a pretty truncated version of what we did I think that the people in the room got it, enjoyed it and had some good ideas. Some interesting opportunities coming out of it... of which more when Jude isn't typing on my head - something that is rather distracting

No comments: