Sunday, July 05, 2009

No need for panic

I didn't get my scans before I left the States. Not for the want of trying, but it seemed that once they got a sniff that my policy was up at the end of the month the good people at the insurance company stalled time and again in a bid not to have to pay for the last scan. But it's now been 6 months and 2 weeks since my last scan.

So when I woke up this morning with swollen glands I was convinced that death had found me (I'm a HUGE fan of the schlocky Final Destination movies) and that this was it. After all the sun was shining, we're in a city that we really like and may well come to love, we'd just come back from a BBQ with interesting people, the canal was abuzz with the young, the fun and the vibrant, there was a photo studio for hire at the end of the street, Jude had a job that met her exact requirements and an office with a view that surpassed them, I had the job that I'd been after forever and the start of something that seems even better and we'd just eaten amazing food from the market. It was too good to be true. It was in fact that way that our lives seem to others. It had to come to an end - surely we weren't allowed to be this happy?

We'll see. The glands are still up - but so are Jude's. Summer cold? Result of Jude having (already) spent too much time in the doctor's waiting room? Or cancer? Who knows... but the fact that I have to ask bugs me...gnnnrrr.

On a happier note - loads of kids at yesterday's July 4th BBQ... here's a pic