Monday, April 27, 2009

Bleeding into the mundane



I am constantly surprised by how life's profound experiences sit on a bed of the mundane. You lose a baby but still have to buy milk. You go for chemo and still get annoyed that the subway ticket machine doesn't work. You look to move countries and still spend the same amount of time as ever looking for a watch.

I suppose that in many ways it's a comfort to know that routine grinds on... that the changes in us are less profound than the experiences that shape us. It's like a sculpture I guess, slowly being defined and refined by the constant attack of the chisel - much better than the 'wrecking ball and glue stick' model that you come to expect.

Anyway today I woke up early with incorporation on my mind. I have a contract to sign, some questions to answer and no Canadian Corporation yet. I'm thinking that I might need two companies. One a partnership, the other a company to run my consulting work through. Keeping the two separate has all kinds of advantages and will stop things getting messy come tax time. It will cost more in terms of set up and accounting and all of that stuff.. but that's okay. I guess.

As I said - the mundane,,,