Friday, March 20, 2009

Filling in time while people deliberate


So I made my pitch for the job in London and am now waiting for a decision.

In my favor is that I'm good, they know of me, I work quickly and I have a reputation for being able to work with designers.

Working against me is the fact that I don't know when I'll be allowed to leave the US, will only be available for 3 months at most, am murderously expensive (by UK standards) and have a reputation (undeserved I think) for being at the cool end of the spectrum when it comes to the kinds of clients I excel on.

More in the minus pile. But hey we'll see how it goes. If there's cash, a car, a spring in London and some interesting work in it I'm all for it. If any one of those things falls out well then I have things to do here, an internet full of pretty people doing kissing and a shed load of details to sort before Canada.

So it's a waiting game. Today I waited for and with The Script. I like them. They played the spiritual home of the Borders book chain here in Ann Arbor today and were mightily good I have to say.

"Hope you enjoy the album, it was a labor of love" they said to each signee; blissfully unaware of the Hue and Cry songs that set off in my head...