Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Gym-nasty


P1090749.JPG
Originally uploaded by stevenjude
Why are there so many grunters in the gym?

I know that it's a place that attracts the vain and that many there crave nothing more than the spotlight, but really? Do you really want to be noticed for your 'Monica Seles being beaten by the secret police' impression.

And besides we're not thinking - 'no wonder he's such a fine specimen, what with all that hard work' - we're thinking 'God I hope he doesn't sound like that in bed' and concluding, with a sad shake of the head that you probably do.

Mind my fat mania is out of control. I noticed bruises on my sides today and couldn't work out what they were. Until I instinctive reached down to check on the 'love handles' and realized that the bruises exactly match the position of my fingers.

Obsessed? You betcha.

No comments: