Friday, July 11, 2008

I love my job


"I, Piórko, like Cheese!"
Originally uploaded by pyza*
Yesterday I was looking at the future of mobility (it's personalized mass transit btw) and at the way that 'Engines' are becoming 'Energy transfer systems'.

The next Prius for example will be a Tribrid - adding solar panels to run things like the a/c.Then there's an engine in a car that can create enough energy in its batteries during the day to power the lights in your house at night - a car you plug into.

So I was there sketching out a future where pods take you from mode of mass transport to connection point and train schedules are managed by the Blackberry in your pocket - so that you get delivered to the train about to leave. And it was all very Tom Cruise in a Spielberg movie and it was all very cool.

Then today I'm looking at cheese consumption. At why Americans are aftraid of real cheese and in love with creme cheese. And at snacking and the way that American sport is an excuse to eat uninterrupted for a couple of hours - from tailgate to hotdogs to drive-thru on the way home.

And the people are smart. And the data is good. And there's resource. And opinion. And suddenly I'm engaged. And smarter. And more engaging. And I love it. All over again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mmm... I'd love to feel like that again.