Monday, February 11, 2008

Brrrrr (Still)

So this morning I set off in the -20c conditions towards work - wondering just why it was that people lived here. And then I realized "I live here". And wondered what other reasons people have for being here.

Of course I'm told that winter in Michigan is a little like giving birth - in that it's painful enough for your mind to wipe out the memory of the agony (this time at the first hint of warmth) in a bid to have you endure another.

Or maybe not.

Anyway Jude got back from Belgium today and headed almost directly to bed,,, passing go only for beer and veggie chips. I'm at a bit of a loss but just blew $500.13 on a ticket to NYC to see a family member (and check in at the hospital)... wasteful but what the hell?

Okay - typing making too much noise and have sleepy headed wife to think about. More tomorrow.

No comments: