Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Survived


Nate and the Tornado
Originally uploaded by holgaguy
So having survived the freak warm weather, the near hit tornado and the torrential rain I made my way into work today - where I was actually useful. And good.

It's been a long time since I was either.

My last job was all about bringing people along with you and about intellectual slight of hand. The process was that we didn't have the ideas - we facilitated the client and had THEM have ideas. Which was great in theory but often led to subtle (or not so subtle) planting of ideas in sessions and frustration when the signs weren't 'properly read'

Today I got to say exactly what I thought. And only what I thought. I got to make a real leap from a quite generic start point and help people understand what this COULD mean. And it seemed to be well received.

Feeling alive and vibrant and buzzing and stimulated and as though I could take on the world and have a decent shot.

Fantastic

No comments: