Tuesday, November 20, 2007

vroom vroom vroom

well it took forever and I still don't have valid plates but I am now the 'proud' owner of a Mustang. 4.0L of rumbling V6 muscle car that's pretty much as American as it's possible to be without actually attending a rodeo.

It's a guilty pleasure. It looks great, it feels great and it sounds amazing but as you floor it and watch the fuel economy drop and drop you start to wonder whether a Honda Fit wasn't a better idea after all. But as Jude would say 'screw it' - I work on a car brand I should drive a car - rather than a shopping trolley.

Anyway the 'Stang is already nicknamed Death Star (black exterior, black interior, the low rumble of Darth Vader somewhere at its heart) and is turning heads wherever we go. Very cool - and at about GBP12k rather a bargain.

Of course I wanted to buy satellite navigation for the Death Star (there's nothing worse than accidentally destroying the wrong planet) but (and this is true) I couldn't find the store that sells them. Must have driven past it. Which could make a decent campaign - the last time you'll ever be lost is on the way to buy one.

Also went to a dentist yesterday in a bid to sort out and exploding (or rather imploding) tooth. While I was there the dentist took a drill to my uneven front teeth and in a matter of minutes had me looking more American and less Dickensian.

5 years in - saying too-na without even thinking about it, straighter, whiter teeth and now a muscle car. I think that this place is finally getting to me

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You did not honestly buy that? Somehow I think if I were to believe you you'd laugh in my face, but if I don't....let me ask you: do you still say 'pudding' for dessert? If not, you got a 'stang.

-C

Anonymous said...

I've NEVER said 'pudding' - we weren't that posh. We said 'afters'

And YES it really is my new car

Anonymous said...

Oh, and once again I got lost in the English jungle of poshness. Congratulations - don't those come with an automatic American citizenship?

The real question of course is, are they posh?

C

Anonymous said...

You can drill teeth straight? In one visit? who knew...

Of course the real problem with perfect American teeth, is you never know what you're marrying genetically: would you buy a horse that had been so tampered with?

Well... you bought a poon-tang, so mebbe...

Anonymous said...

Who ARE you?