Thursday, April 19, 2007

UM Rocks


Snow on State Street
Originally uploaded by gsgeorge.
Ann Arbor. The sun shines. The air is clean. Spring envelopes you in its optimistic embrace. Everywhere there are university buildings and cute coffee shops and in them young people bringing energy, cheer and enough money to have the place feel as though it's thriving. It's a Disney America. Beautiful, peaceful, quiet and yet with entertainment on every corner. All of the serene fecundity of Wappinger's Falls, some of the culture and verve of New York. If I had a green card I'd be knocking on doors right now - trying to figure out a way to get here before Jude does (in September); but of course I don't and I do rather like the people that I work for at he moment. Of course it might just be the weather speaking. But be not surprised if 12 months from now you don't see me working remotely from MI....

No comments: