Thursday, April 13, 2006

Spring - said Zebadee

So Chemo V tomorrow (let’s hope it’s better than Rocky V) and I’ve decided that it will be the chemo of better eating. I’ve felt great during Chemo IV but have rammed anything even resembling a sticky bun so far down my greedy gullet that I choked on my fingers - gaining 8lbs in 3 weeks as a result.

Nurses, doctors etc. all think that this is a great thing – they reckon without my new wardrobe (I can’t bring myself to say ‘closet’) of 29” waisted trousers.

So what pre-treatment news from me? Well I went out to get a manicure today. When the place was closed I tried to buy a photo printer instead (try making that link). When that didn’t work out I went and spent a minor fortune on hemp based trousers and visited a Polish store with the intent of buying a multi-system LCD TV so big you'd think it was related to Mandissa's knickers. I do believe that I’m morphing into a bored Connecticut housewife. All I need now is to have my tits lifted, the more they resemble earrings the better the Martha's and Clarissa's of this world like 'em.

Anyway Chemo V – lots of fresh fruit and veggies, no Easter Eggs (chomping down on the last this afternoon), no giagantic cookies from Sette Pani, no Chocolate Croissants from the new French bakery (even if they are half the size of American breakfast items) and no sneaky visits to the chip shop for a ‘small’ cod and chips.

Sounds miserable dunnit?

Still the sun is out (it’s 25C outside), my camera is back in action (there’s nothing like the sun to bring out Williamsburg’s weirdest) and everyone I know is pregnant – so I have the perfect excuse to hit Sam and Sebastian any buy baby Che T-Shirts.

Life, as they say, is beautiful.

No comments: