Friday, November 18, 2005

Grrrr-nnnarrrrr

So last night I'm at work, talking light beer and the power of gezelligheid when my phone goes.


Jude. You have an MRI tomorrow. You need to take your doctor's script and be there.

Steve : But I'm not scheduled an MRI
Jude : I didn't know that

Steve : Be where?
Jude : At the place

Steve : Which place?
Jude: The place

Steve :At what time?
Jude: I don't know... maybe 2pm

Steve :2pm?
Jude: maybe not

Steve :Why can't you take a simple message?
Jude :Christ, I assumed you knew

Steve :Assumed? Assumed? ASSUMED?
Jude: Alright already

Steve :CLICK
Jude: (Dick)

An hour of calling later I find that I'm due for a sonogram, at 9am on 2nd Ave at 21st street.

I get up, drink horrible amounts of water (as required) and leave for the scan.
I get there. They have my name but don't know WHAT to sonogram.
I call my doctor. HE hasn't asked for a test.

I drink another 48 oz of water.
And wait.
And squirm.
And wait some more.
My bladder threatens explosion.

A nice woman arrives. She takes me in to a dimly lit room and cracks open the lube. The morning starts to look up. Briefly.
45 minutes later I'm slightly tacky, completely sonogrammed and on my way home. Still no idea what's going on... thyroid oddly swollen (perhaps all the iodine over the last week) and cough mysteriously under control.

A call to work. New business people who I may have infected with TB have been in to say that they like us. Then they left. We still don't know quite what it do - feeling like a kid who has a first date's bra clasp stuck in braces - it's obvious that she likes him but he can't figure out the next move.

On to a 3.45 showing of Harry Potter... despair of children and their unruly behavior and think again about whether the offer to 'cum in a cup for use at a later date' is one I should take up.

Check my e-mail - turns out Gary Glitter really IS a pervert (Thanks Helen)

There goes another of my requests to the Make A Wish foundation.

Oh and it's FREEZING

Steve

No comments: